The Shadows

15 Feb 2012

The Awaited Wait


The hustles and bustles of the city cry
The evening train catches by
Passengers waiting curious there
The station lonely, crowded fair.
I was too not different,
Waiting, tired, standing impatient.
From the far off, could see the tunnel,
Lights flashing on the channels,
The train seemed coming running fast,
On the weary tracks so rust.
Fighting, in haste all boarded,
I took a corner, as I grounded
By the window, the glass so hazy,
The drizzles made it look so greasy,
Out could see blurred lampposts stood
Vendors busy preparing food.
...and the train stopped  at the next station,
I remember so much, the days of sensation
My heart grow fonder and started to anticipate
If he’d around, my eyeballs participate
Only hanging rods and hands clasped
Few stubborn, firm grasped
Few of them so lean and thin
Few with watches, few so keen,
But the kin that I was searching for,
With the silver ring, that his finger decor
If again after so many years,
Could get a glance and wait for cheers,
So many wrists, here and there,
Not a single one, I wonder and fear
Is that I lost him ever forever?
My heart sank in tear that would never
Let him know my sorrow sad  pains
“I miss you so much every time it rains,
Every time when the train stops here by,
My heart beats fast, raises to high
I want to see you, one last time,
I know you are never lost, you are always mine
I would wait and wait every day
Here at this station, you can never say,
When we get a chance and day to meet once again,
I will wait  for you, amidst all boys and men.”




No comments:

Post a Comment