The Shadows

15 Feb 2012

The Coin, I found



I was walking by the pavement,
Broken here and there,
I was so worried about my life,
Felt nobody was to care.
I felt like breaking into tears,
Feeling so sad at heart,
So lonely and helpless too,
All through I was so hurt.
Still the sun was so casual,
Rose at East, likewise,
The breeze, and the river flow too,
My happiness in disguise.
I sat by the swamp bank,
Floated withered leaves,
Was waiting for some luck in life,
And found it (shining) peeped.
I picked it up in my fingers,
Frowning my eyebrows,
A silver coin that I found,
Damaged and full of woes.
I stared still fixed at it,
As I tried to know the detail,
I found it had two faces,
One head, another tail.
Once I turned to this side,
The other went off,
The portion could not be seen
Unless turned, or seeing very tough.
The head showed a king’s face,
Held so strong and firm,
With its value at the tail-side,
As I held it on my palm.
Both sides are inevitable,
They come altogether,
A coin will lose its identity,
One without the other.
And so is life with both ends,
Pleasure, and pain,
Happiness can never be sole holder,
Then what’s the use of brain?
Life will go monotonous,
Like a single coloured world,
With no hues and spices in it,
And will not be so occult.
Pain and sorrows too needed,
To taste the sweetness of joy,
It can never be a single sense,
Instead,  an emotional alloy.
We must welcome and cherish both,
Along our colourful life,
Or else one would surely die,
Instead of staying alive.
And I walked back by the same road,
The evening approached sky,
Life again became so meaningful for me,
I smiled and never cried.



No comments:

Post a Comment